I had to glue a support rod on the inside of the
secondary hull, because it was starting to bow inwards. I
don't know why it was doing this but I fixed the problem.
I cut out a piece of styrine sheet and glued it to cover
the backside of the secondary hull. (side note: I cut off
the last 1/4" tip of my left thumb while doing this part.
I was carving the left edge of the hull, the knife slipped
and !!! fwip !!! The tip was gone.) ** BE CAREFUL WITH SHARP HOBBY KNIVES **
I had just finished carving, cutting, puttying and sanding
the back side of the hull.
Placed the arch on the top of the secondary hull. I used
the underside of a Galaxy Class 1/2700 warp engine on top
of the arch; It needed something. I wanted to go for the
USS Reliant look as seen in Star Trek II, although this
ship would have preceeded that movie by 15 to 20 years.