I used Apoxy Putty (used to seal cracks in engine
blocks) to fill the hole where the neck of the original
secondary hull neck would have gone.
I carved out a section of the saucer to accomidate the
thickness of the styrine sheet that I have to place
there. I did this to both sides.
I took the other styrine sheet and cut out the underside
of the secondary hull and placed it over the underside
of the saucer.
I used the apoxy putty to fill the holes in the engines
and sanded the exsess putty from the seams.
I cut out two pieces that will be used to join the
secondary hull to the saucer. I had to carve the swoop
to match the swoop in the upper saucer. I thought about
cutting holes in the saucer so it would fit perfectly
but that idea didn't pan out and would have been alot
harder. Sometimes easier is better.